12.18.2011

the weekend.

My weekend unofficially started thursday at five thirty.  My mother requested that i fill in at Brooke & Emma's competition make-up & hair how-to meeting because she would be attending my father's company christmas party.  It was quite an interesting meeting.  I got to visit with holly, & meet a woman that i do not like.  My favorite moment of the meeting goes as follows:  I was sitting down on a chair, brooke standing next to me.  She noticed that I had taken my phone cover sticker of Alan & I off the bottom of my phone.  She was so shocked, & asked why I had taken it off.  I looked at her, & said, "He broke up with me Brooke."  She then started looking all around the room awkwardly, then she timidly put her arm around my shoulder & said "i didn't know, i am sorry."  She has the same awkwardly charming personality as her oldest sister, I love it.  We also did this:
 this is what she'd look like blad.
 she was so excited to show me she fit.
 i fit too... kinda


After i was educated on all the ways studio 1 wants the girls hair done, I headed back to my apartment.  Melanie & I had tickets to see Sherlock Holmes 2 at 12:03.  It was delightful!  Such a great movie, I love Robert Downey Jr.  (I did however notice a 2 big trends in movies lately.  Trend 1:  Some group of armed forces or government people have to fight robots, aliens, or some other type of evil force.  Trend 2:  Two people try to have sexual relations without having any feelings involved, then they fall in love.  Waaaay too many movies lately have some version of these two plots.  Although, i am Looking forward to the new batman, & Avengers movie!)

 boss sweaters. Made 'em ourselves.
look who decided to join us.

Friday I woke up to take my religion final, little did I know that it would take me 3 hours... not pleasant.  After lots of cleaning, a quick trip to JCWs for lunch, & packing, I headed home! My mother, grandmother, & I went to H&M in SLC! I was slightly disappointed though.  I cracked, & bought a Versace Greek key bracelet.  It is beautiful.  I loved all the jewelry, I probably added way too much to our bag of clothes.  We went a little crazy... After shopping, we headed to CheeseCake Factory for dinner.  Factory Burrito Grande, & Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cheesecake to go:  perfect meal.

 JCW gyro
 surprisingly delicious
 new latin dress design... just saying
 classic mirror picture, love H&M
 Versace bracelet, what a beauty.
& the grand total is... yikes!

After this great adventure, i was dropped off at the omer residence.  What a fabulous time we had recounting stories, giving/receiving my delayed birthday present, & watching 6 episodes of New Girl.  I am so excited for this break, & getting to see old friends!

Saturday I worked... a lot.  DownEast decided to have all layering tees & camis $5.  The store was insane! We ended up having to just put things in boxes marked by size because the tables were a mess.  I was on cash register for 6 hours straight, we had a constant line that was going out the door.  The downfall was having to change all the prices manually.  We did make a lot of money though, whoo hoo for making our goal!  After I got off, I did the rest of my christmas shopping.  I am glad to have it done.  THe mall & target were packed.  But it's done, & now i just need to wrap everything!  If only we had a christmas tree I could put the presents under.  I love our new kitchen we are getting, but our christmas decorations have been replaced with ladders, brooms, wood, & all sorts of tools.  Instead of hoping for a white christmas, I am hoping for a place to put our tree!

When shopping was all done, I headed home, grabbed a snack, & started on my to the Johnson residence.  I had the wonderful opportunity to babysit sweet Nicki, Nathan, & Jaina.  Michael & Holly did make fun of me when they got home & I was sitting on their couch reading Sherlock Holmes.  What is wrong with that?? Two & a half hours of watching the original Willy Wonka & talking, I headed home.  I was out once I hit my pillow.
side note: this is how holly asked if i would babysit... 

This morning I was forced to wake up early to drive to SLC to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert.  This event did give me the opportunity to wear my new outfit I bought for a 'plus one' event I had originally planned on, but was unable to attend due to an unfortunate event.  The best moment of the whole thing was this conversation between my grandfather & I:
Dzadieck(that means grandpa in polish):  Hello darling college girl, you look beautiful.
Me:  Oh thank you!
Dzadieck:  How is your boyfriend?
Me:  Oh, he broke up with me.
Dzadieck:  No, the one sitting next to you.
Me:  Uhmm, Dzadieck, that is Bennie.
Quality moment right there.
I slept on the ride up, I may have fallen asleep during part of the concert, I slept on the way back, & for 2 hours after.  Then we headed to Aunt Sheri's for a christmas message provided by yours truly.  One of my favorite things about the holiday season is spending time with the family!

I am looking forward to this week filled with money making, no school, glee, & friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment