7.30.2011

freshmeat.

i have noticed that most people say the same thing when i inform them i am now a BYU cougar.  They all say, "oh you'll be married within a year." I assure them that is false.  But they all proceed to tell me that BYU is home to a very special type of shark, the RM.  People are sure that i will have no chance being a pretty, young freshman.  They think i'll be attacked.  I was sure the things they were saying could not be true.  Unfortunately, I was sorely mistaken.  I have been taking classes for a little over a month, & I have had an array of men, (yes, men.  considering they have all been at least four years older than me.) ask me for my phone number.  It is interesting to me the men that will just come up to me & start chatting away.  I don't know them, they surely don't know me, but yet they feel the need to converse with me.  Being a friendly person, I talk, & we swap stories, & opinions, & it ends in a casual, "Hey, let me get your number, & we can get together sometime for an ice cream, & talk some more."  Alan informs me they are hitting on me, i feel weird about that.  I do like making friends.  I do not like random boys that come up to me at 6:40 in the morning on my way to team, & strike up a conversation about the weather... the weather for goodness sake!! If my prince charming would like to come sweep me off my feet, i may allow that.  however, the rest of the awkward men, remember... i am still underage.  that is all.  

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I love it. You were right, they are all weird and should be avoided vigorously. You see darling girl, you are a beautiful target. Now that you know, smile politely, and wear a fake diamond!

    ReplyDelete