5.15.2012

Alan Barney.

By posting this I run the risk of Alan getting upset about me putting information on the internet for the 'whole world' to see.  But, he tells me I always assume the worst, so I'll just hope he will appreciate the sentiment.

If you asked me why I am so fond of this boy, you'd be stuck with me for near an entire day while I endlessly listed off the reasons.

He was there for me last summer when I gave up on the relationship I had with my best friend & he stuck by me when things were tough.  He has been someone I can call in the middle of the night when I need someone to talk to, even if he was so tired, he doesn't remember it all in the morning.  When I was adjusting to life on my own, life without my family & a life where I had to cook my own food, he & his family constantly invited me to their dinners & into their home.  They provided me with the family & home I needed to get me through the rough days adjusting to life away from my own family.  He has done everything he can to make my life easier & to make sure I am as safe, healthy, & happy as I can be.  It's the late nights we watch Glee, & we both know he is going to fall asleep, but he asks me to stay with him anyway.  That he comes over, even though my roommates are mean.  The way he likes that I drop my g's.  The sweet good morning & good night texts.  The after-work visits.  It's that he lets me be chief.  That he knows 'fine' isn't good.  The code words, occasional 'marks', & yes ma'am's.  It's the way he will tickle me, only to hear my laugh he loves so much.  That he is always my best friend, no matter what happens.  More than all of that, he has been the best example for me.  Being around him, it is hard not to be happy & want to be the best I can be, so he will be proud of me.  Most of all, it's that he loves me for all that I am.

One last thing, I love him morest.

No comments:

Post a Comment