8.23.2011

thoughts.

so i don't really have anything specific to blog about... so here are some of the thoughts that have been on my mind.

my birthday is tomorrow! 18, i am so excited.

i also move out tomorrow. it hasn't really hit me yet that i am legitimately moving out.  my mom and dad are stressing, i am completely calm.  i doubt that feeling stays, i get homesick very easily, and suffer slightly from separation anxiety.  i am very nervous about my roommates.  what if they don't like me? what if i don't like them? what if they are creeps?  my mom says i'll be fine... but i know, i obviously won't.  with my luck, something will go wrong.  i am scared to cook for myself.  to have to wake up myself, and prioritize my own time.  i am worried about classes, and figuring out my work schedule.  i am stressed about a new ward, and trying to make new friends.

work was nice today.  cleaned lots, and got off early due to the slow nature of shoppers today.  two friends came in and visited me, unexpectedly, it was nice.

downeast is basically the best.  this is why.

my little siblings are growing up too fast.  ben started high school, emma started junior high.  emma came into my room this morning asking me to straighten her hair.  she looked about 14, not okay.  they are all so precious, and i hate to have to think they are getting older.  they are moving on to bigger things in their lives, just as i am.  i remember how fun high school, and junior high was.  but i also remember the fights, the drama, and the feeling of hopelessness.  it kills me to think they have to go through that.  i just hope that when they need me, they don't hesitate to call me.  i hate that i won't be living at home to ask them about how their days went.  i don't want to grow up.

drama is pointless.  i am not going to respond to it, especially when i know the answers to the questions i'm being asked are going to upset people.  why bother? it makes life so much easier.

i should probably clean my room.  and maybe pack a little bit.  it's convenient that i live ten minutes away from where i'm moving.  but tomorrow would be a lot easier if my room wasn't a sty, and i had somethings ready, right?

10 hours till i'm 18!:)

1 comment:

  1. I have total and complete faith that not only will you be fine "on your own," you will be exceptional! Go get em!

    ReplyDelete