1.22.2012

the temple.

so, let me tell you about the best place on earth.  It is the temple of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.  this building is a sanctuary.  It is the house of God.  Today during sacrament the choir sang 'I love to see the temple,' & the spirit was so strong, I started to tear up.  Today I have been thinking a lot about temples, & how truly blessed we are to have them on this earth.  I love being able to see the temple shining in the night.  A constant reminder of what I am striving for.  A reminder that one day i will be sealed to my eternal companion in that magnificent building, & we will make covenants with our Lord.  Of all the things to be excited about marriage, that is what I look forward to the most.  Being able to receive all the temple blessings makes the entire roller coaster we call dating worth it.  One very important thing to me is always being worthy to hold a current temple recommend, which i keep in the safest place in my room.  Today I was disappointed in myself when I realized that I haven't been to the temple in quite some time, that is something I have promised to work on.  My roommates & I are planning to go as soon as Melanie gets her recommend!  There are 136 operating temples, 15 under construction, & 15 announced temples.  We have 15 temples located in Utah, this leaves no room for any of us to have excuses as to why we haven't attended the temple lately.  I  hope that we all make an effort to get to the temple more often, it is very important that we not take this blessing for granted.  I know that the temple is truly the house of god.  it is a place to go when we are in need of blessings, a place where the spirit is the strongest. 
it really is the best place on earth.  
I loved this depiction of all the temples across the world put together.

Madrid, Spain temple 
Provo, Utah temple 
Salt Lake City, Utah Temple 
Mount Timpanogos, Utah temple
This one had to go in because in all honesty, how symbolic is this picture?

I love to see the temple.
I am going there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment